Wednesday, March 12, 2008

20 weeks and growing

My sister is expecting a baby on July 29th and today they found out if they are giving me a niece or a nephew! I always thought they would have all boys...so did she for that matter. Rough and tough and messy little boys for my little sister who is a girly girl and likes things neat, clean and perfect. Makes sense right? I am also convinced that her children will be the little hellions and mine will not. I know I completely and 100% deserve them and she does not, but life's just funny like that. And I'm not going to lie, I think it would be highly entertaining to watch her with a rebellious child when she was the perfect one growing up that NEVER (or rarely) got in trouble and simply did not do the things I did. The thoughts never even crossed her mind. But the jury is still out on that...what we do know is.....

It's a GIRL!!!!

And here is quite possibly the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen! And I must admit, it didn't hit me until Sarah sent me these pictures that my little sister is HAVING A BABY! She told me she was pregnant before Christmas and 17 weeks later it finally hit me that she was in fact pregnant! My little sister people! I just recently accepted the fact that she was old enough to get married 4 years ago! At least I have four more months to let this reality sink in. Until then, I'll just be high on excitement and buy something (or lots of somethings) pink!
17 weeks

19 weeks

5 comments:

The Smallwood Family said...

awww...I love the post! YOu are sweet...except for the hellions part :) Lord help me if that happens!! I am wearing pink today to make it sink in more that I actually get to buy bows and dresses and all pink! Can't wait to see you this weekend and shop :)

Shaunna said...

Sarah, by way of Julie's post - CONGRATS :) I'm so excited for you!! Love the post, Jules ... The pink stuff is the most fun to buy (as if I even have to say that!)

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! How wonderful! I was wondering when Sarah would be starting her family. She looks adorable and how fun for Sheridan, and you, her, your mom! Congratulations!

Kelly said...

One more thing...you SHOULD get pregnant now, then your second kid and your new niece can be born close together.

You didn't ask for my two cents here? Well, I thought I'd offer it anyway. Take it for what it's worth. (not much???) But I think you're due--pun intended--for another cutie pie. Cameron, what do you think? Forget the HRR, but go for an HER. Or an HIM.

Julie said...

I've heard from a very reliable source that Cameron has mentioned to my mother not once but TWICE that it would be fun to have another girl. The fact that he's even entertaining the idea of another one is good news because I'm pretty sure he could go either way with being done or having one more. I know one day I want another one...I'm just not mentally there yet. :)