Tuesday, March 25, 2008

3 things...

Those of you who know (or know of) my Graminy know that there are a few things that are VERY important to her. First and foremost on the list is going to college. She's already talking about my sister's unborn child's college education. Seriously. And she's even more pleased if you attend the "college of knowledge" (as my dad calls it) which is of course, in my family, Texas A&M. The rest, in no particular order, include: being a Republican and an Episcopalian, clipping coupons from the paper, and saving every last penny unless you are buying a Cadillac or an expensive suit, because then it's alright to splurge on certain things. Lately I've done a few things that would make her very proud and I need to take a moment and document this because I've got tattoos (well, just one actually) to make up for. And most likely, a few other things from my college years that I just won't recap (like the one time I took a semester off and made up stories about classes I was taking when she came to visit...which my mom still doesn't think she's ready for) because I've probably hidden them from her for her own good. Back to the positive.....

1. I contributed to my Roth IRA.

2. I contributed to Sheridan's college fund.

3. I have attended church 3 out of the 4 Sundays so far this month. And yes, Easter was one of them.

However, since I belong to the Methodist church now...GASP.....I feel like a bonus gesture is necessary to stay in her good graces and remain in my highly sought after position of Favorite Grandchild. So, I'm doing a little spring cleaning and will be making a nice donation to a local thrift store. Because oh yeah, that's another thing she's fond of since she pretty much runs her church's thrift store. Actually, I take that back. But only because I have something better I can donate to. I'm going to give all of my treasures to Mimi for her garage sale to raise money for her endeavor of Saving the Ta-Ta's! These girls need some state-of-the-art gear to walk 60 miles people and I think my grandmother would approve of splurging a little for such an occasion!

2 comments:

Mimi Burleson said...

YEAH!!!! I think Graminy will approve. And if she doesn't, then tell her that I'm Episcopalian, Republican, I have a friend that's a coupon freak, I love to save money, and I splurged on the Cadillac of Land Rovers last year. She'll heart me.

Kelly said...

You make a grandma proud and a friend impressed, Julie. I'm glad you're being such a decent person. I knew you had it in you! But then again, I've always thought that of you!!! You're awesome. Now you get busy saving those tatas.