Friday, February 29, 2008

A milkshake a day...

...keeps the doctor away?!?! This would be my mom's justification when she wants to have a milkshake and not feel guilty about it. She claims it's her calcium. Not unnecessary calories but necessary calcium to keep her bones strong and osteoporosis away. Interesting. This might explain where I get my justification skills from. It's genetic. But that's not what this post is about. What is it about you wonder? Why I am rambling on about milkshakes? Well because. Months of a low carb diet will do that to a person! Make you go crazy. Where thoughts of sweets and chocolate consume your every thought and almost make you believe your mom's justification for having a milkshake isn't so crazy after all. The 111 grams of carbs in a delicious cookies n' cream milkshake from Chick-fil-a are in fact 111 grams of calcium that are absolutely necessary for strong bones. But I just couldn't bring myself to give in. So instead, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of some pizza tonight! Turns out I'm a nicer person when I've had my daily dose of carbs!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, Julie, I can relate. Living carb free would be suicidal to me. I hope you enjoyed every bite of that pizza, and didn't leave a bit of the crust.

I like your milkshake rationalizing.

The Smallwood Family said...

Oh that cracks me up, that is so mom's rationalization and definitely where I get my love of milkshakes from! Do you remember all of the times we stopped for a snack of french fries and milk shakes while shopping - good memories :)