The preschool Sheridan goes to had a Father/Daughter dance on Friday night. I must say this dance is a very big deal for these girls. Most of them make a date night out of it and go out to dinner with their dad before the dance and some even get to go out for ice cream afterwards. My friend Sara's little girl, Natalie is very much into princesses these days and her dad, Kenny, took her to the dance. Only Natalie thought she was Cinderella and was going to the ball. Cameron wishes Sheridan had shared the same perspective on the dance as Natalie. Unfortunately, Sheridan thought she was going to the playground and could have cared less about the dancing and well, the fact that other people were even there. She spent her evening climbing on the stage and Cameron spent about 30 minutes chasing her around before he brought her home. Needless to say, Sheridan did NOT get ice cream on the way home. They also didn't get any professional photos taken at the dance so fortunately I took a few before they left the house. At least they looked good!



Here's to hoping that next year will be better.......
4 comments:
That is hysterical! You know I was wondering how this whole 2 year old at a dance thing was going to work out and I'm glad to hear it went just as smoothly as I suspected! ;-)
How sweet. They do look good! Sheridan's dress and hair look so nice. She'll have fun reading about this when she's in middle school at least.
That is such a great story!! I love the father daughter dances and it makes me happy to know Cameron has embraced his role in them!! :) Sheridan's a lucky girl.
Well, she looked really cute :) I can just picture her climbing on the stage and having a ball - you can't help but love her for it! Personally, I love that part of her personality - but I realize I am not the one who has to chase her around :)
Post a Comment