Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Girls Christmas Party

Tara and I started our annual girls Christmas party when we lived together and it was so great to be able to host it together again this past year! We had a short hiatus from hosting our party (although the tradition carried on thanks to Jennifer, Jill, Courtney and Shaunna) because I was having a baby in December of 2005 and Tara lived in DC for two years.

The hostesses with the mostess
Tara, Annemarie, and me
me and Courtney Mimi and Taylor (Tara's sister)And thanks to Allison who came over the night before the party and helped me decorate the tables with her "box of crap" (her words, not mine). Tara and I have decided that this coming year for Christmas we are going to put together a starter box of crap for each other. CAN. NOT. WAIT!
The dessert table
The appetizer table
Me and Sara Danton
Sara, me, and Jamie
Wonder when Mimi will have us over for dinner to tryout a new recipe?
Jennifer hit the jackpot with make-up brushes
Sara had her presents stolen many times...she was always opening up new ones
Tara just had a baby Nov 21st...not that you can tell!!!
The girls!
After the party was over it was time for presents!!! I gave pretty much everyone I buy presents for a towel wrap this year. Peggy, Tara's super talented mother-in-law, made them and they were a HUGE hit! They were all white towels with zebra trim and I did different colored monograms. Except for Shaunna and Courtney. Their towels were pink...because it's their favorite color and anything else for them simply would not do (my thought not theirs)!

Sara models her towel wrap

Mimi and I hinted....who am I kidding?? We pretty much TOLD Tara we wanted towel wraps for Christmas this year and she delivered! :) This is the first and only thing I have that's monogrammed with my new (even though it's not so new anymore) last name! I'm so excited!

Mimi: "Ladies, we're gonna be green this year!"

Tara and I have this thing....or rather I have this thing of wanting pretty much all of the cute shirts Tara buys. So Tara has gotten into the habit of buying the same thing she buys for herself for me (usually in a different color though so we're not total twins) for my birthday or Christmas so she can avoid hearing me say things like "I want one of those" or "ugh, why didn't you get me one of those" or "next time buy me one too and I'll pay you back." This Christmas I decided to get Tara and Mimi a sweater from Old Navy that I recently bought and loved. And Tara bought me a really cute shirt (although I don't have a picture of it for some reason) from Antropologie that she had bought for herself and knew I would want. I love our little system! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok sirslee those towel wraps are a-DOR-able!

She should put them on Etsy! (www.etsy.com)

Kate

Courtney ;-) said...

I heart the girl's Christmas party! So glad it made the blog! ;-)

Cute pics!

Kelly said...

What fun! That looks like such an excellent party and the food and tables, the monogrammed towel wraps, the heavy-hint dropped gifts, etc. Nice post, Julie!