So it all started at our former employer Harte-Hanks (hence where the HH comes from). A group of us started scrapping once a week and would rotate houses. The hostess would provide dinner and we would scrap/gossip. Many great stories came from these evenings and my favorite are both from Meredith with the Wendy's story behind her signature phrase "this simply will not do" and why she boycotted HEB due to a mishap with the photo lab. Our group started making yearly trips to Laredo in the fall for Christmas shopping or for Heidi and I to buy every piece of pewter we saw. Sadly we have not been to Laredo in many years due to the less than desirable shootings and Buddy's (Meredith's husband) disapproval. (Note: We value Buddy's opinion because he does/did something with the state government and border control...I think. I definitely know he works for the state.) Anyway...we also started our annual girls lake weekend (which we call GLW..turns out Dell is not the only one that can have acronyms!) at Heidi's in-law's house on Lake LBJ. At GLW 2006 we decided that getting together just once a year for our weekend of fun at the lake just wasn't enough. We don't scrap anymore during the week because of our busy lives/schedules. So we decided to start a monthly dinner and the hostess of the month picks which restaurant we eat at or they can host at their house...but that's never happened.
Monday night at our January dinner I got in trouble for not posting the pictures from our December dinner on my blog yet. Sorry Kate. Maybe I need to get a family assistant like Meredith once had and then I would be able to stay current with my blog. But that's neither here nor there. Back to our fabulously fun December dinner at Chuy's. Here's my list (thanks to Kate's help) with a little recap of what each person brought to the conversation:
Shelly B: Shelly had her insurance card on her but quickly reminded us that it's been a LONG time since she's been in an accident. But I'm sure everyone's definition of "long" is different.
Michele: We were glad Michele was able to take time out of bar-hopping to join us for dinner.
Heidi: Heidi has a very creative theory on how she saved money from two fender benders. Jeff (her husband) is NOT buying it. Although she did learn that if you're in a hit and run accident that is your fault as long as you stop to make sure the people are alright before you take off, then technically it's not considered a "hit n' run". Good to know and ladies watch out if you see Heidi driving because she might be out to make some money.
Debbie: She had a super cute necklace on that I must immediate have! What was that website again? Plum something....
Liane: Also the expert when it comes to fender benders and found her maid Brenda to be very resourceful as a translator for her most recent accident.
Monday night at our January dinner I got in trouble for not posting the pictures from our December dinner on my blog yet. Sorry Kate. Maybe I need to get a family assistant like Meredith once had and then I would be able to stay current with my blog. But that's neither here nor there. Back to our fabulously fun December dinner at Chuy's. Here's my list (thanks to Kate's help) with a little recap of what each person brought to the conversation:
Shelly B: Shelly had her insurance card on her but quickly reminded us that it's been a LONG time since she's been in an accident. But I'm sure everyone's definition of "long" is different.
Michele: We were glad Michele was able to take time out of bar-hopping to join us for dinner.
Heidi: Heidi has a very creative theory on how she saved money from two fender benders. Jeff (her husband) is NOT buying it. Although she did learn that if you're in a hit and run accident that is your fault as long as you stop to make sure the people are alright before you take off, then technically it's not considered a "hit n' run". Good to know and ladies watch out if you see Heidi driving because she might be out to make some money.
Debbie: She had a super cute necklace on that I must immediate have! What was that website again? Plum something....
Liane: Also the expert when it comes to fender benders and found her maid Brenda to be very resourceful as a translator for her most recent accident.
Kate: Poor Kate realized that everyone...even Michele....has a maid. Maybe she can buy the Louis Vuitton carryon with all the money she'll save by not having one.
Meredith: Wisely decided against a homemade banana bread baking marathon for Christmas gifts for Buddy's co-workers.
Me: I was very excited about my new maid that cleaned our house that day and even more excited that Cameron was impressed with her work. Hopefully, I'll be just as impressed with his work on the bronco!
And now for the pictures......
Shelly B, Kate, Michele
Heidi and Debbie
Liane, me and Meredith

2 comments:
This post cracked me up!
Unfortunately, no Louis Vuitton or maid this year. Braces are expensive but lack panache. Maybe I'll ask the orthodontist if he has some Kate Spade brackets or rubber bands.
Nice recap of what you gained from each person. Also, "Hi" to Shelly B! And congratulations to YOU, Julie, for scoring a cleaning service! That's awesome!
Post a Comment