Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Good times in San Diego

Why I haven't I updated my blog in weeks? Have I been under a rock? A little bit. But I've also been in San Diego. And Houston (another post to come on that another day). It was decided at Heath and Shaunna's wedding that a trip to SD was in order. So Cameron, Heath, Shaunna, and I went on Labor Day weekend to visit Frank and Shelly. We pretty much ate and drank our way through the weekend but we had the best time and packed a lot into just a few days. I only took 150 pictures so here are some of the highlights.

Saturday we went to La Jolla and had lunch at the top of George's, which has the most amazing view. See for yourself....Heath and Cameron
Shelly, me, and Shaunna
We made a quick stop at Mount Soledad which overlooks the entire city.
Then it was off to a Padres game at Petco Park
And no baseball game is complete without a hot dog and cotton candy
The boys: Heath, Frank, and Cameron
Frank and Cameron having a little fun in the Padres shop On Sunday we met some of Shaunna's friends at a Mexican restaurant in Del Mar. We were literally there for 5 1/2 hours eating, drinking, talking, drinking, talking, and drinking. Shelly and I escaped for a little while and went shopping at the boutiques.
After our long lunch, we walked down to the beach and Heath and Cameron shared a moment. Silly boys.




The following events might have been influenced by the amounts of alcohol that can be consumed during a 5 1/2 hour lunch. Frank decided to go swimming in the ocean even though we left our bathing suits in the car. Details. Why is he bleeding on his forehead? He got into a fight with the bottom of the ocean floor while diving into a wave. The ocean floor won but it did not phase him at all, he diligently worked on recruiting Shaunna to go body surfing in the ocean.Should I stay or should go????
See how fun it can be?
She decided to go
We made them sit in the back on the way home.
On Sunday night we ate dinner at Blue Coral which is quite possibly the best restaurant EVER and I'm not just saying that because Frank's brother is the General Manager. It was delicious and I'm pretty sure it's what food in heaven will taste like at every meal! We stuffed ourselves with calamari, sushi rolls, and oysters for appetizers and had everything from steak to lobster to pulled pork to sea scallops for entrees between the six of us. We ended the evening sharing three desserts and finishing our wine out on the patio around the fire pit. And by sharing desserts I mean, Shelly and I pretty much claimed the chocolate molten cake and devoured it without letting anyone else have more than one bite.


On Monday morning before we had to be at the airport we squeezed in a stop at In-n-Out for lunch and went over to Coronado Island to see the most beautiful beach in San Diego. Thank you Frank and Shelly for your generous hospitality and such a great time! We can't wait to see you again in November when we can reciprocate the same for you in Austin! Maybe Frank the Tank will come with you and we can have some "we don't touch people we don't know" moments! If you want to see all 150 pictures, then set aside an hour and click here. And if you can't find me again for awhile, I might have moved to San Diego.

3 comments:

Janney said...

Now you know why I am still in California..John and I are going down to SD next month..

Kelly said...

That looks like you and Cameron had such an awesome weekend away. It was so fun and shocking running into you at the airport as you were heading out to SD and I was heading to Seattle. That restaurant (not the Mexican one, but the other) sounds amazing. I'll have to try to go there the next time I'm in San Diego. The La Jolla beach pictures are breathtaking. That was a crack up about your friend losing a fight with the bottom of the ocean. What a blast. You live life to the fullest, Julie! That's what I like about you. Among other things.

Life with Three Boys! said...

I would recommend next time you go to stay at the Hotel Del on Coronado Island it is absolutely beautiful.