I didn't think this was asking too much but apparently in my house on Saturday, it was and I'm still recovering. Here's a recap of the unfortunate chain of events that led me to drink several glasses of wine. In the middle of the afternoon. But it was white and according to my friend Sara, that's acceptable.
Disaster #1: I walked into the living room and the dogs were investigating something on the floor which turned out to be Sheridan's dirty diaper. I know, there are so many thoughts and questions racing through your brain right now just as they were in mine that moment. First and foremost, where was Sheridan? Oh, not to worry. She's over there SITTING ON THE CHAIR. With nothing separating her poopy butt from the cushion and shit (literally) all over her hands. And everyone says "oh, that's a good sign for potty training that she took her diaper off because she doesn't want to be dirty." No, no. A good sign would be telling me that you have to go BEFORE you go. Not after the fact by smearing poop all over the house.
Disaster #2: After cleaning up that lovely mess I made us lunch. Shortly after I had Sheridan all taken care of and was starting to make something for myself, I turned around in the kitchen to find a pile of throw up on the floor courtesy of Brodie (one of our dogs). Cleaned that up and dogs were banned to the backyard.
Disaster #3: Fast forward to after lunch and in an attempt to continue the potty training that's going so well at daycare, I took Sheridan to the bathroom. I knew she'd have to go, she just ate and drank. I was convinced this was going to be the 3rd time she would actually go at home for us and I could give her a sticker. They also tell me at daycare that they don't stay in the bathroom with Sheridan the whole time (sometimes it takes awhile), she just sits there and reads books and doesn't get up. And I'm just going to say right now, that's complete bullshit. I was in there the majority of the time and I only left for a few seconds to go do something but all it took was a few seconds for Sheridan to only get a little bit of pee in the actual potty and the rest ALL OVER THE FLOOR. I swear I haven't used my mop this much all year.
You might be wondering, where was Cameron during all of this fun? Yeah, he was in College Station for the football game which was part of a boys weekend with some of his fraternity brothers. Of course. And how do I feel about potty training after such a successful weekend? I think it was a hell of a lot easier to train the dogs and I'm seriously considering sending Sheridan to college in diapers.

8 comments:
oh I am so glad someone else was having issues like that this weekend - as we discussed I feel your pain b/c Abby had the runs all weekend and kept waking me up at night - there is something wrong when your dog wakes you up instead of your 8 week old!
So this is what I have to look forward to? Oh goody. Sorry for your disastrous weekend but this post had me in stitches!
I love to read you Blog...honestly you should be a writer
Oh yes, I can relate, don't you worry my friend.
This was great! Thank you for laugh! I know you weren't laughing doing any of, but I appreciated it!
I'm sorry it happened but it made for a really great post!! You are too funny.
I know it's not funny but I was cracking up at work!! (((hug)))
From a mother going through the same thing with my 3 year old son I understand your troubles and frustrations. If I could recommend a book that has helped with my son id everyone pops, and the once upon a potty video. We have also made a chart that he get to add a sticker to for every time he uses the potty and 8 free accidents for a week and if he can go a week and not mark all the accidents off he get to go to toys r us and get a toy. We almost had a whole day without an accident yesterday until we were in buy baby and he proceeded to pee on the floor. Lovely I know how embarrassed we were. Anyways good luck. I also told Cameron that my husband is working the cowboys game October 26th and I was going with him so if you guys could get away I would love to finally meet you. I love reading your blog you should really consider writing a book. Anyways take care. Trina
Post a Comment