Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our little ballerina????

Sheridan started dance classes last week at Dance eMotions. It's my old roommate, Sarah's dance studio and I could not wait for Sheridan to start taking classes from her! My mom took us shopping for all the necessities: tap shoes, ballet shoes, leotard, skirt, dance bag and bling tap ties. Sheridan is sufficiently outfitted and accessorized from head to toe for class. And it's a good thing, because that's about all she's got going for her after two classes. She may look the part, but she definitely has her own agenda in class and that is to do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the rest of the class is doing. I take that back. There are three times during class when Sheridan decides to participate with the rest of the group 1) when they form a train and choo-choo all around the room 2) when they form a circle for ring around the rosy 3) when Miss Sarah brings out the trampoline, tumbling mat, and hula-hoops. Although really, with that last one. She wants to be the ONLY ONE who has a turn so I'm not sure that actually counts as participating with the group. Nonetheless, she looks adorable and all I have to do is sit back, drink my cup of coffee and watch someone else chase my kid around for an hour.

She loves the sound of the taps on the floor



5 comments:

Shaunna said...

Too stinkin cute!!! She definitely looks the part ;) and, btw, for pictures, that's all that actually matters!

Kelly said...

How exciting! I think when our daughters take dance lessons as little girls, it's more exciting for us as the parents, than it is for them. Sheridan sure looks adorable in her dance garb.

Courtney ;-) said...

OMG! TOO CUTE!!!! love it!

And what a cute scrapbook page those pics will make!!!

The Smallwood Family said...

Oh you know I am loving these pictures - I cannot wait for her recital! She is the cutest little dancer ever, maybe she needs to put her tap shoes on for Aunt Sarah this weekend :)

Janney said...

Maybe she should do gymnastics!You know it's all about the outfits.