Monday, September 22, 2008

School days are back

As usual, I am behind on posting events when they actually happen, but this really shouldn't be a surprise anymore. The first day of preschool was several weeks ago and I think we are finally settled into our new routine. I usually have us out the door within a reasonable timeframe to get to school on time (or close enough). Sheridan goes to Council Oak Preschool three days a week and my mom graciously picks her up and keeps her those afternoons. But really, we didn't have to twist her arm too much to agree to that arrangement.

I didn't get many decent pictures on the first day of school because well, newsflash. SHERIDAN DOES NOT POSE FOR PICTURES. However, here are some from after our shopping trip for a backpack. (Note to self: do not wait until the DAY BEFORE school starts to look for a toddler sized backpack.) There are just a few problems with our final selection:

1) it's BIGGER THAN SHE IS. On the positive side, I think it should last her through high school. It even came with a cell phone holder. In fact, ALL backpacks apparently come with one now. Who knew? Not me.
2) She doesn't quite understand the concept of BACKpack
"Maybe it's supposed to be a sled"
The only picture from the first day of school. I'm putting in my request now that she is always this excited about school! And when she needs reminding, I'll show her this pictures and just forget to mention the fact that I was chasing her around the house like a crazy person to get her to smile.

3 comments:

Courtney ;-) said...

oh so cute! she's getting too big!!! guess that just means it's time for another one!!!:)

Shaunna said...

Good times indeed!!! Your years have officially begun to fly by at the speed of light :)

The Smallwood Family said...

I LOVE that last picture of Sheridan, it totally captures her personality!