Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The perfect "hump day"

Last Wednesday I had to take the day off work because we only pay for daycare four days a week since my mom usually watches Sheridan on Wednesdays and she was MIA in Dallas helping Sarah. I'm totally okay with sharing the grandma wealth when it means I get to play stay-at-home mom for the day. Although, I will admit I was a little leary of just how fabulous the day would be since I was still recovering from a.....how shall I say this nicely....slightly challenging weekend. What if she didn't take a nap? I don't think I could have survived another loss of sanity. That well is drying up fast and Cameron has asked that I please ration it. And I'm pretty sure consuming large quantities of wine due to the absence of a nap is a little inappropriate in the middle of the afternoon. So what could I do to wear her out so that she would take a nap? And then a light bulb went off: the Brushy Creek Water Park! I called Kara and Sara (too bad Tara lives in Houston) to see if they would like to join us and surely between three adults we could keep an eye on four kids. Remember, it's a numbers game and I prefer the number three over one.

It always takes Sheridan a little while to warm up to how much fun it is to run around and play in the water with wild abandonment. But she's a smart cookie and once she figures it out, there's NO stopping her!

Go on...play your little heart out.... And why stop playing to get a drink when it's right there in front of you!Ava was the poster child for how you want your toddler to be! She played right next to me the whole time and made my job of watching her very easy. God bless you, Ava! Grace loved the water park and kept her mom busy chasing her around from one end to the otherNatalie was an excellent helper with helping me keep an eye on SheridanAfter playing in the water long enough to hopefully wear out the kids and visualizing naps in our future, we ate our picnic lunches under the treesSara and NatalieAva, Kara, and Grace

After our fun morning at the water park, Sheridan and I went home to change and I loaded up the car with my scrapping stuff and the pack n' play. My friend Amy and her mom scrap every Wednesday during the summer (lucky teachers!) and I was going to try to join them. This was either going to be a very good idea or a very bad idea depending on the nap situation. I think Sheridan must understand how far behind I am on my scrapbooks (just started 2007) and felt sorry for me because SHE TOOK A NAP. A TWO HOUR NAP. And it's days like that, when Sheridan is an absolute angel and I get to enjoy every minute with her, that make it very hard to go back to work the following day. Because I know both are limited.

If you want to see all of the pictures from the water park, look no further than here.

4 comments:

Janney said...

Julie, I think you should be a writer...I love your blogs they crack me up...

Kelly said...

What a wonderful mommy you are, Julie. I'm glad you had the brilliant idea so both you and Sheridan could have a terrific day.

mbc said...

You should have had wine during the nap & scrap! What a fun day!

Courtney ;-) said...

Looks like a fun day! :)