Taking a short pause from all the jumping to pose for a picture

The birthday girl Gracie
Gracie's brother, Luke
Before we went to their house, we ran a few errands and then went home for Sheridan to take a nap. One would think that hours of jumping around in and on inflatable structures would insure an afternoon nap. But not so much. And there went my sanity out the window once again. I was beginning to think that there was a mix-up at the hospital and instead of being sent home with the correct child we were sent home with the Energizer bunny. My mother assured me there was no mix-up and we did in fact get the right child because pay back is hell. "Apparently" I didn't take naps either and since they were enjoying this a little too much, we went over there sooner rather than later. (That'll teach them to gloat!) After dinner we let Sheridan run around my parent's backyard and play in her little pool to hopefully exert some of her endless amounts of energy.
I know, hard to believe this sweet face could be so difficult
"Hmmm....what should I terrorize next? Mom is always a good target but I'm kind of bored with that."
Sheridan loved the idea of the sprinkler but this was about as close as she would get to it
I am pleased to report that Sheridan fell asleep within 15 minutes of being put to bed. And trust me, that is a huge accomplishment because the two nights prior she was awake until 10:45ish playing in her crib. (Note: There are no toys in there and she goes to bed no later than 8:30 people.) All it took was constant entertainment all day long to finally wear her ass out. And mine. Cameron got home shortly after midnight and I was so excited that he was home I almost tackled him when he walked in the door. Except, oh right.....I WAS ASLEEP TOO. As CFO of our household, I'm pretty sure there will be a travel freeze implemented until Sheridan is in college.

7 comments:
OMG .. This comment is the best:As CFO of our household, I'm pretty sure there will be a travel freeze implemented until Sheridan is in college.
That's pretty stinkin funny!! Good luck ;)
Love it. Love it. Love it. You crack me up.
Hey girl she just getting you in shape for the next one. WHO RUNS THE HOUSE [SHERIDAN] Love her pool She only going to get better.
oh my gosh she has changed so much!! And it is crazy how much she looks like your two year old pictures when her hair is half up like that - such a cutie. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! And congrats on making it through the weekend :) Sounds like she has energy like her mama!
That last sentence cracks me up! You deserve that bath and bottle of wine! :)
What a funny post! I felt so bad for you but I couldn't stop laughing!!
Absence makes the heart grow fonder! I'm glad Cameron is home now and you can shower him with appreciation for all he does to help with the parenting and more.
I just saw a friend in Oklahoma yesterday whose husband died six years ago. She's only 41 and has two kids (12 and 8). She said one thing that she's amazed at is how many things she took for granted before and it drives her nuts when she hears women nagging about little things about their husbands. I hope this isn't too depressing of a comment. Anyway, just love your hubby and hopefully he'll be just as appreciative of you.
Post a Comment