I can't remember exactly when we started our Christmas night tradition but for as long as I can remember it's always one of my favorite Christmas memories! It started in my parent's old neighborhood and on Christmas night our neighbors (actually we consider them family!), The Scotts and the O'Flahertys, come over and we hang out, eat some more (like we need it!) and all the "kids" play Uno. My friends Amy and Ryan always come over with their daughter Taryn and sometimes Amy's parents join us too. If Amy's sister, Marissa, is in town then she and her husband join the festivities.
I was afraid this year wouldn't be the same since mom and dad had moved and Jimo and Lori were staying in Houston. Even Karen and Mike were thinking they wouldn't make it over since they were spending Christmas with her brother in Liberty Hill. I was a little sad that Christmas night was going to be "quiet." Amy, Ryan, and Taryn came over along with Amy's parents. And my dad invited several of their friends from the Harley Davidson group. After they all left, Sarah and I were sitting in the media room trying to get Sheridan to fall asleep and I heard voices in the family room and then Allie walked into the media room! I was so excited! My night had been made since the Scotts were able to come over! We had the best time visiting for hours and it was just like old times!
Taryn models her new apron






1 comment:
I love traditions like that. You and Amy look so cute!
Post a Comment