Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas Eve

On Christmas eve we went to church at First United Methodist in Round Rock. They had several services but this year we went to the children's service....since we actually have one now. Many different families participated in the story about Jesus's birth and the whole congregation sang several different songs. It was a very nice service and definitely reminded you of the reason for the season. Although, I must admit, I really missed the midnight mass service at St. Luke's....especially singing Silent Night as the lights in the santuary dim.
After church we headed home for some final preparations before my family came over for the evening. Richard, Jonette and Autumn came into town earlier in the day so they came over with mom and dad. Mom and I decided to make several different appetizers for dinner since we were going to have a big meal the next day. Mom made meatballs, artichoke dip, gingerbread and Round Rock bakery provided the cherry pie. I broke out my Pampered Chef cookbooks for some old favorites that I haven't made in a long time...Tex Mex Chicken Melts and Chili Verde dip. Everything was delicious and we still managed to stuff ourselves! :)
Our little family before church
mom and Jonette
Autumn and Richard
What's so funny?
Sheridan LOVES the remote!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

HI Julie! Your family looks so sweet on Christmas Eve. I'm glad you were all able to go to church and enjoy that moment of reflection on the true meaning of the season.

Speaking of PC...I just got back from Leadership. You'll love the new things!

I love all your pics.