I think we all know by now that I tend to get a little "obsessive" when I become fixated on something that my daughter MUST HAVE. Perhaps the word 'sprinkles' is flashing in a big neon sign right now as you remember this story. So this morning I dropped Sheridan off at my parent's house (because my mom keeps her on Wednesdays) to find an assortment of new toys waiting for her to play with in the living room. This is nothing new because my mom is always buying stuff for her, which I love because it usually means it's less that I actually have to buy for her. But that turned out not to be the case today. Today there was a new set of play food from Target that included hot chocolate with marshmallows, cookies on a plate, milk and a canister of hot cocoa that I had been eyeballing since I saw it months ago and now it was ON SALE. And I could not let her have all the "cool" things at my parent's house and not ours. It matches her play kitchen at our house perfectly. Same brand. HAD. TO. HAVE. IT. So let the madness begin as I drive ALL OVER the greater north Austin area trying to find said play food. God bless the Lakeline Mall Target for ending my search on the third try and not making me drive to Georgetown. Because yes, I would have. Now considering what I spent in gas driving all over creation, I should have just bought the damn play food when it was full price. I think this just reinforces why I should stop trying to be like Tara, who buys everything when it goes on sale. And she inevitably will have a coupon. And a gift card. And then the store is practically paying her to take the merchandise. Things do not work out that way for me and it is simply cheaper for me to pay full price and not act like a crazy person. All I can say is, it's a good thing beanie babies aren't all the rage anymore or I'd really be screwed. Can you imagine? The only positive side to this behavior, which I will refer to as "determination" moving forward, is that it might come in handy when Sheridan requests some off-the-wall or incredibly popular toy from Santa and I have to help him find it. I'm sure I'll do a dozen things that will land Sheridan in therapy for the better part of her young adult life but I'll be damned if failing as "Santa's helper" will be one of them! I'm determined....
And come on, look how cute!


6 comments:
Oh, it was well worth it! How cute is that? I love the colors. What a nice mom you are. She'll be the envy of all her friends.
Well of course you had to buy it for her! That's what we do :) Although, I could have scouted out that Target for ya - it's on my way home. Note to self for the next item needed from a Target near me!
Excellent - thanks Shaunna! But oh, you don't know what you've just signed yourself up for! ;)
And do they make a grown up version? Love them. Precious.
So precious!! This post was quite entertaining:) Love the new blog style too - how do you do that? I want to learn!!
I think you have a problem and need to seek medical attention. Nice new template!
Post a Comment