My friend Amy and I hosted a baby shower for my sister the day before we left for our trip to Jamaica and St. Thomas. Yes, you read that correctly...the day before. See, I just don't know what to do with myself if I'm not juggling forty things at once. And this IS my sister we're talking about, so there's nothing I wouldn't do for her! My mom very graciously offered up her house for the shower and it was a good thing because we had 32 people in attendance. We would have been busting at the seams at my house! But we were so glad that so many people that have been a huge part of Sarah's life could make it! From high school and drill team to old neighbors to friends from church to friends from college to the lady that has cut my mom's hair since we moved here, it was a big reunion! I borrowed a lot of decorations from Allison's "box of crap" (yes, that is a techincal decorating term) and pretended to be as creative as Melissa. I think it turned out well and I'm proud to say I only said a few choice words out loud while trying to arrange the flowers for the table centerpieces .
A shower isn't complete without the cake me, Sarah, and Amy
My godmother, Nancy, made this gorgeous blanket for Savannah in the colors of her room. I wish the picture was closer up to show the details of the different fabrics. Nancy made a blanket for Sheridan and it's her absolute favorite, she sleeps with it every night.
The ladies of Brimstone (our old neighborhood): Karen, my mom, Lori, Jeanette, me, Sarah, and Angelica
Leah, Sarah, and Brooke
The drill team girls with Mrs. Cochran: Laurel, Jennifer, Sarah, Mrs. Cochran, Logan, and Bethany
Sarah and Kristin

2 comments:
How fun! Your sister is very blessed to have such a great family and group of friends!
What a lovely shower. Everyone looks beautiful and Sarah is so tiny and hardly looks pregnant in those pictures. How exciting. I can't believe you had it a day before your trip, Julie!
Post a Comment