1. I used to wear MAC make-up which required a special trip to Saks 5th Avenue. Now I wear whatever make-up I can purchase at HEB.
2. I love breakfast for dinner. (Cameron thinks this is weird. I think he is weird.)
3. There are several foods that I say I don't like but I've never even tried them. I'm just sure I won't like them. Like eggplant. Or brussel sprouts. And let's not forget oysters.
4. I get all of my best qualities from my dad....stubbornness, lack of patience, potty mouth. The list of endearing qualities goes on and on but you get the drift.
5. I thought my life was over when we moved to Texas my sophomore year in high school. Little did I know it was just beginning here.
6. I have a four leaf clover tattoo on my hip. I still don't regret getting it because it's not visible on a daily basis and I often forget it's even there. I'm sure the day will come when Sheridan wants a tattoo and I'll just have to smile and take her. Otherwise, I'd be a hypocrite and we can't have that.
7. My sign is Cancer. When I was younger I was convinced that meant I was going to GET cancer. Yes, I also didn't walk on cracks in the sidewalk because I didn't want to break my mother's back. I've since learned better.
8. My taste buds have definitely evolved over the years. I used to like white wine, now I like red. I used to like daiquiris, now I prefer margaritas.
9. I am "one of those people" who orders a non-fat drink at Starbucks and still gets the whip. There are some sacrifices I just won't make.
10. I think ranch goes with everything and should be its own food group.
11. I like to mix my cereals. We also have at least 4-5 different kinds of cereal on-hand, at all times in my house. If you can inherit traits from your friends, then these are courtesy of Tara.
12. I love romantic comedies and hate scary movies.
13. I miss my sports car and until I can justify a mid-life crisis, I think my husband should buy me an Acadia.
14. I wash my hair every other day and the days that I don't are usually when I get compliments on it. I'm not sure what to do with that.
15. Just as they say men can be in touch with their feminine side, I'm in touch with my ghetto side. Only when it comes to music though. I think I can pull off a lot fashion trends, but baggy jeans and jewelry on my teeth? Not so much.
16. I'm very weird about sell by dates on milk. I will not drink it past that date (or even on that date) even though Cameron claims it is fine for a few days afterwards. He lived in a fraternity house therefore, he cannot be trusted on matters related to expiration dates.
17. I've lived in 10 cities, 5 states, and on one island.
18. Despite the Air Force's best effort, I HATE change and adjust to it kicking and screaming.
19. However, I'm not afraid to fly.
20. I HATE to fold clothes and I'm pretty sure it's from working in retail for six years. There is always a pile of clothes on the bed in the guest room unless the maid is coming or we actually have a guest stay with us, then I'm forced to break down and fold them.
21. I only read the first, middle and last chapter of every novel I was "supposed" to read for English classes in high school and college. One semester at the college formerly known as Southwest Texas, my mom went with me to buy my books and there were 7 or 8 novels I needed for my English lit class. As we were standing in line to buy them she turned to me and asked if I was actually going to read all of them. I told her "Uh, no. But I have to look the part."
22. I am very protective of my sister and she will always be my "little" sister now matter how grown up she really is.
23. I started socially smoking when I was a sophomore in college and continued that disgusting habit for about six years. If I could do things differently I would have just stuck to candy cigarettes because those are years my lungs will never get back.
24. The summer before my freshman year in high school while my mom and sister were at a dance competition and my dad was at work, I drove my mom's car around our neighborhood to visit my friends. No, I didn't have my license, not even a learner's permit. I never got caught and when one of my mom's friends said they saw me driving my mom replied "oh no, that couldn't have been Julie." Sorry mom, it was me.
25. The summer after my freshman year in HS my friend Rachel and I took her parent's car out and drove around while they were at work. Again, no licenses for either of us. We got caught because they came home and noticed the car wasn't there. I was just an innocent passenger and I was grounded for two months. Rachel got NOTHING and to this day my mom swears that's why she turned out to be a mess.
26. In junior high I had to sneak out to toilet paper houses. One time my cat busted me because she started meowing after I climbed out the window. I was grounded for a month.
27. I'm only a little bitter that when it came time for my sister to toilet paper houses she never got in trouble. Because my parents MADE ME CHAUFFEUR HER AROUND TO DO IT. (You're welcome Sarah, you have no idea how easy I made your life.)
28. One night during my sophomore year in high school I was going to miss my curfew so I decided I might as well stay out ALL NIGHT LONG. This was obviously before everyone had a cell phone so when I got home at some unreasonable hour (after 4 but before 6) in the morning, my dad was livid! Again, I was grounded for several months.
I didn't think this list would turn into a confession. I'm not even Catholic. And since my grandmother reads this blog, Graminy, pay no attention to #23-#28. In your case, none of them are true. For the rest of you, now maybe you understand why I'm so freaked out about Sheridan's adolesent years. Not only was I rebellious but oh yeah, so was my husband. We've got it coming to us TIMES TWO.
30. My legs will not tan under any circumstance, no matter how hard I try.
31. I go to bed between midnight and 1am every night. My alarm goes off every morning at 6:30 and I hit snooze for at least 30 minutes, sometimes an hour before I realize what's going on.
32. I am a HORRIBLE speller. Spell check is the greatest invention ever.
33. I have a slight shopping problem. Clothes, shoes, scrapbooking stuff, jewelry, purses, and basically crap in general....I love it ALL.
34. My dad put me on a cash diet after he bailed me out of credit card debt for the SECOND time in college. Even though I'm well beyond that now, I still break out into a cold sweat and curl up into the fetal position every time I use my credit card.
35. It's easy for me to exercise regularly when it's part of my routine but it's hard for me to jump back on the bandwagon once I've fallen off. Like since we got back from our vacation. In June.
36. I usually talk to my mom at least twice a day. I hope Sheridan and I are just as close when she grows up.
37. I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar.
38. On my 21st birthday, Harry Connick Jr. sang Happy Birthday to me at Cedar Street.
39. I would gladly work in retail until retirement if the hours weren't so terrible.
40. It's taken me so long to make this list that now I'm wearing Mary Kay make-up. My mother-in-law is a consultant and that makes it even easier to get make-up than during a routine trip to the grocery store.
41. I cry every time I hear the song "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins. Because I know it's true.
42. I love 'to-do' lists. And I love checking things off of them even more. Sometimes, I will add something that I've already done that wasn't on it, just so I can check it off.
43. My favorite ice cream is Tin Roof by Blue Bell.
44. I cannot sow but I have a sewing machine. It's collecting dust.
45. I am a tv junkie.
46. I went to three different high schools.
47. My "I'm not messing around" voice has zero effect on Sheridan. She laughs at me. I predict this will be a problem in her teenage years.
48. I like things organized but I have piles of crap everywhere. Correction. I have organized piles of crap everywhere.
49. I think I've become the dumbest person ever since having a kid. (This is where #40 comes in very handy to help me remember what the hell I'm supposed to be doing!)
50. I do not know how to change a flat tire. My dad and Cameron have tried to show me countless times but I don't pay attention because I'm simply not interested in learning.
51. Sweets are my weakness, especially chocolate.
52. I hate to dust. Apparently, so does my maid.
53. My dream job is owning my own clothing boutique.
54. I love the holiday season.
55. I would pick a beach vacation over a ski vacation every time.
56. My wish list for vacation destinations include: Playa del Carmen, Cabo San Lucas, New York, Lake Tahoe, St. John, Seattle, Rome, Hawaii, and Paris.
57. I would like to read books more but I don't have the time.
58. I wonder what it would be like to be current on my scrapbooks. I'm still working on January of 2007.
59. My favorite color is green. All shades.
60. I've worn acrylic nails since I was a junior in high school.
61. I get pedicures regularly in the spring and summer.
62. One might say I'm high maintenance and I'm alright with that. I've been called worse.
63. I'm a compulsive worrier.
64. I like to cook and bake.
65. I love glasses but I'm running out of room in my cabinets for all of them.
66. I like to eat out on Friday nights because the last thing I usually want to do at the end of a long week is make dinner.
67. I've only been in one car accident that was not my fault.
68. But I get a speeding ticket at least once a year.
69. I do not make the bed every morning. Or any morning really.
70. I'm not very timely or consistent with writing thank you notes but I really want to be.
71. My car used to be very clean inside until I had Sheridan. Now there is a bunch of random crap in my car at all times.
72. I hate the words "preggo" or "preggers" for referring to pregnant women. Prego is a brand of spaghetti sauce people and "preggers"? I mean really? That is not a word?
73. I know you should never say "never" but I will NEVER own a mini-van. I'm pretty sure they don't play rap music.
74. Chances are, if I'm thinking something. I'm going to tell you about it. And it won't be sugar-coated.
75. I don't consider myself having any sales experience even though I worked in retail for 6 years and sold Pampered Chef for 5 years. That was fun, sales is not.
76. I think it's ironic that our computer is from like 1980 and my husband works for that little computer company in Round Rock. He should know where we could find an upgrade.
77. I love having lots of plants on the deck but hate bringing them inside during the Texas winter. One day it's freezing. Plants come in. Next three days it's 80. Plants go out. Next day it's freezing. Plants come in. And so it goes...
78. When I was younger I wanted to be a vet when I grew up. Then I realized how much school that required.
79. My grandmother thought I should be a lawyer because I like to agrue.
80. If I could change anything about my wedding, I would change how I wore my hair. Everything else would be the same.
81. I'm a lot to put up with but I'm glad my husband does. (Side note: That door swings both ways actually.)
82. Motherhood has taught me that I don't know anything.
83. Jamaica is my favorite place to vacation.
84. Cameron jokes that he will have to have a therapist on speed dial if something ever happens to Harley (my first baby, my black lab). It is not a joke.
85. I love Beth Moore's bible studies.
86. I want to go to Hawaii for our 5th anniversary. It is highly doubtful that it will happen since we'll have a three month old then.
87. I am not looking forward to the sleepless nights that loom ahead with a newborn. This time around I have a point of reference and I KNOW how bad they are.
88. The Price is Right and the theme song from Young and the Restless remind me of when we lived with my mom's parents while my dad was on a remote assignment in Korea for a year. I was in the second grade.
89. I am a Republican.
90. I taught my sister how to drive because my mom was afraid to be in the car with her and patience isn't really a virtue for my dad.
91. I like the kitchen to be clean when I go to bed because I hate waking up to a pile of dirty dishes in the sink.
92. I have to have dessert every night. Nothing fancy, just something sweet.
93. I want a pool when Sheridan is a teenager. Then she can clean it like I had to when we lived in Arizona.
94. Silver is my favorite color for a car.
95. I never had allergies until I moved to Texas.
96. I am always late every where I go now that I have a kid and I don't like it.
97. I want to own a horse someday.
98. I used to want three kids. Then I had one. Now I think two will be plenty.
99. Going to Home Depot or Lowes is like torture for me.
100. I think everyone should wait tables or work retail at some point in their life. I've done both.
And there you have it. Whew! Now I can go to our monthly dinner on Thursday.

11 comments:
Love the list! So many cute things about you girl! :)
I had NO idea you were a TV junkie!!!! :)
Love your list! You make me laugh! :)
Love it!!
we so get the "checking off the list" thing from dad! I love the list you made, it made me laugh to remember Socks meowing like crazing, mom running into your room to pull back the covers and find a bunch of stuffed animals under the covers - oh I can vividly remember the trouble you were in at that moment! And I CANNOT believe you smoked for 6 years - even with all of my getting onto you for it - very glad that phase ended though - didn't that start with crazy Jo Jean's influence?
We are too much alike! Our poor kids...
LOVE the list - it was worth the wait! :)
We have so much to talk about after reading this. I'm working on mine for FB too (and was planning on posting it)!
Okay I am impressed! It took me an entire evening to put together a 25 list on FB. There is no way I could think of 100 things about me. Wow.
I love this one - 38. On my 21st birthday, Harry Connick Jr. sang Happy Birthday to me at Cedar Street.
wow .. I was nursing my 2nd baby. That's totally the same, right? ;)
I knew I liked you! :) Great list, Julie!
36. me too, we're good daughters. I am with you on 72..Prego, that just irritates me. I just can't understand 99 though. I have Lowe's card, my only store credit.
36. me too, we're good daughters. I am with you on 72..Prego, that just irritates me. I just can't understand 99 though. I have Lowe's card, my only store credit.
Loved reading your list. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Post a Comment