Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Catching up with December

So I didn't get to blogging much on my days off over the last couple of weeks like I had hoped. Yes, I had the time but here's the problem. Our laptop is from 1980 (I might be exaggerating a tad bit but really, it's ancient!) and only has one USB port to plug things into so.....I can't be online AND have my external hard drive plugged in to upload pictures to my blog at the same time. Yes, I've tried those things that have multiple ports to plug things into but for some reason our internet won't work when it's plugged into that. I'm not a technical person. So if it doesn't work when I plug it in then there's not a whole lot I can do about it.....but bitch and complain to my husband WHO WORKS FOR A COMPUTER COMPANY, that we need to upgrade. STAT! And maybe if I bitch and complain enough, I'll get what I want....eventually. Until then, my dear readers (all 10 of you) are just going to have to suffer along with me. Or convince my boss to let me blog while on the clock.

But enough about that. Let's get caught up! The month of December, as always, flew by and now I have a three year old. A THREE YEAR OLD. Wow - it looks as weird in writing as it sounds coming out of my mouth. I can't possibly put all of December into one post because there were visits to see Santa (successful visits but more on that later), cookies to be made, presents to open, family to visit, and birthdays to celebrate. So here are a few random events....

Destroying Daddy's neatly raked pile of leaves



Every December our neighborhood has a Luminary Night and the evening is started off with Santa Claus driving around the neighborhood throwing candy to the kids. Once it's dark, we all light our luminaries and visit with our neighbors. Fortunately, this year it was not on a super cold night so we all gathered in our front yards. Everyone but me, with a tasty adult beverage.

The best view to see Santa and the firetruck that followed him around the neighborhood
This picture was taken the morning of Sheridan's Christmas performance at preschool
On the 16th, Sheridan's dance class had a mini Christmas performance for all of the families. I was so excited for Sheridan's first performance! My parents were there. Cameron was there and ready with the video camera to capture the magical moment on tape forever. Unfortunately, Sheridan was not in the performing mood. And this is what we got......
She just wanted her Mimi to hold her. Mimi (being the smart problem solver that she is) thought if she went up with Sheridan and stood by her, then Sheridan would participate. Sheridan still was not having it.And eventually, she thought it was more interesting to watch her teacher (Miss Sarah) dance with the class
My fingers are crossed we don't have a repeat in June at the recital.

6 comments:

Jackson said...

Cute pictures, especially the one of her on Daddy's shoulders :)

Courtney ;-) said...

Oh, but look how cute she is in her leotard!!!!! ADORABLE!!!
iwould like an event to the June recital, please! :)

Julie said...

Of course! You are absolutely on the invite list! :)

The Smallwood Family said...

I love the leaf pictures - that captures her full of fun personality so well. Could she look anymore like you did at 3, it's amazing! And I am sure you guessed, but I am sitting here just gushing over how cute she is in her dance outfit, just steals my heart - can't wait till June (and for a first performance that is very normal!).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shaunna said...

Looks like your December was busy and successful :) I love the fun Sheridan is having with the leaves and she's too stinkin cute w/her little leotard!!