A few of the questions people ask me lately:
1. Are you going to find out what you're having? Um, hi. Have you met me? My name is Julie and I'm a planner who doesn't like the unknown. OF COURSE I'm going to find out. I can barely wait the 20 weeks as it is there's NO WAY I would make it to 40 weeks! And I guarantee I'll be just as surprised and excited when the sonographer tells me what I'm having as I would be if I waited for my OBGYN to tell me as she brings my baby into the world.
2. Do you want a boy or a girl? Depends on the day what my answer is to this question. Some days I think it would be great to have a girl because hand-me downs rock and Lord knows I've got a TON of them. Plus, the only sibling relationship I know is having a sister and I love it so naturally I want Sheridan to have that. Then I think it would be fun to have a boy. But then Cameron and I don't really agree on boy names so I'm back to hoping for a girl. I guess it's a good thing it's not up to me to decide. Thank goodness we'll have an answer to the question TOMORROW! The next 12 hours might kill me.
3. Is Sheridan excited? She doesn't have a clue what's going on. Now if I told her that Dora was going to be her sister and coming to live with us, THEN we would be peeling her off the ceiling she'd be so freaking excited.
4. What are you craving? Nothing. Seriously, nothing sounds good to me and it's highly annoying because what in the hell is the point of going through all this (other than bringing a child into the world, blah, blah, blah, I know) if you can't indulge in every bad for you thing you crave? Don't get me wrong though, I'm still eating a bowl of ice cream every night regardless.
5. Are you ready for another one? Hmmm, it's a little late to be asking me that, isn't it?!?! Can you really be "ready" for your life to be turned inside out and upside down and think it's the greatest thing that ever happened to you after you start getting more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep at a time? This time around I KNOW what the sleepless nights are like and no, I'm not ready for that. But this time around I also KNOW that "this too shall pass" and there is light (or sleep rather) at the end of the tunnel. This time around I KNOW what to do with a baby but I don't know how to juggle having two kids. So for as much as I know (or think I do) there's just as much that I still don't know and there truly is no "being ready" for this experience. I just know I'm ready for the journey.

2 comments:
oh my gosh .. your comment about Sheridan's reaction if Dora was going to be her sister made me laugh out loud here in my cube. My cube neighbors might think I'm crazy (there goes the pregnant girls again), but I thought that was pretty stinking funny :)
If I weren't copying you, I'd be tempted to post a simliar entry on my blog. :)
Julie, you crack me up!
Post a Comment