Friday, November 07, 2008

I think I'm just teaching her the art of procrastination

The beginning of last week Sheridan's teacher sent home a piece of posterboard that was cut out to look like a turkey feather. Our assignment was to decorate it with materials we had around the house (it just couldn't be anything that would attract bugs) and bring it back to class by today. So in true Julie fashion, I waited until the night before to do this little art project with my daughter. However, I totally had my idea last week how we were going to decorate it so that's got to count for something. On Wednesday this week at drop off, I was talking to one of the other mom's about decorating these feathers as we admired the ones of all the over achievers that had already turned theirs in.

Other Mom: "How are you going to decorate your feather?"

Me: "I think we're going to glue pieces of tissue paper to it."

Other Mom: "Oh, you're going to make tissue roses."

Thinking to myself: Hmmm....I wasn't aware there was a fancy name for it but that does sound very Martha Stewart. So....

Me: "Uh huh, yes. We're going to make tissue roses."

And here we are....

The finished product

2 comments:

The Smallwood Family said...

so cute, your first school project and she isn't even three yet!!

Mimi Burleson said...

the feather is cute, but the owl tshirt is SUPER CUTE!!!