Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Survey Says....

We're back from paradise and I'm still in denial that there won't be turn-down service and gifts waiting on our bed every evening. Or every time I pick up the phone the person on the other end won't say "Good afternoon, Mrs. Treece. How can I help you?" Or end the conversation with "Is there anything else I can do for you?" Or that there won't be free mimosas every morning until eleven. I think that one gets me most of all! But thank goodness I had a little flea problem to come home to and give me a swift kick back into reality.

Oh, you're wondering how I did on my vacation goal? Well, let's take a look...

1. Goal: relaxation. Result: When my vacation started off with seriously the best massage I've EVER had I knew it was a good sign. Add to that, not having to cook or clean or change diapers or pick up a hundred toys every evening and the only result possible is relaxation.

2. Goal: drink. Result: When the morning starts off with drinking mimosas it's pretty damn hard NOT to accomplish that goal.

3. Goal: get a tan. Result: Well, that depends on what body part we're talking about. Arms = tan. Chest = tan. Stomach = somewhere between albino white and tan. Back = burnt. Legs = I am 100% convinced that it will be a cold day in you know where before my legs will ever even THINK about tanning. They simply are not interested in participating.

4. Goal: not to gain back the 22 pounds I lost before our vacation. Result: After depriving myself of carbs for 6 months I splurged and along with that splurge came 7 pounds.

5. Goal: eat lobster at every meal. Result: I only ate it once and now Cameron is required to take me to Truluck's for a lobster dinner in the very near future. BUT I substituted pina coladas for lobsters and had one every day. Or two. Or three. Or ten. Hence the extra 7 pounds and totally worth it.

6. Goal: read a book. Result: I'm about 60% through "Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons" and I'll probably finish it next time we take a vacation, which based on the frequency of our trips will be in four years.

And there you have it. My vacation in a nutshell. I'm sure most of all you'd rather see pictures and I'll definitely post some this week or within a reasonable timeframe. Today is devoted to Sheridan Lovefest 2008 because she grew about 5 feet while we were gone and I'm pretty sure she's leaving for college tomorrow.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Julie, I love reading your posts. Pictures or not. You crack me up. I'm GLAd you had a fun time. And I'm GLAD that there's more of you to love. Welcome home!

Plan to come see me sometime when our pool is done and I can try to recreate your vacation ambiance, and can even put umbrella straws in chilly drinks for you, but you'll probably want to add your own booze.

Courtney ;-) said...

WELCOME HOME!!!! I missed you, girl!!! :)

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud a couple times reading this so my co-workers know I'm surfing. Nice.

Glad you had a good time - and I will brainstorm on leg tanning techniques for ya.

Mimi Burleson said...

I'm jealous, especially about #2:)

Shaunna said...

All I can say is here's to hoping a few wedding photos will help me compete .. that's some funny stuff! So glad you were there to enjoy the islands with us!! And if you only gained 7 lbs and drank or ate half of what I did - I'd say you win the prize! Good for you :)