Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Days of Thanks

It's so hard to believe that the holiday season is upon us! It is by far my favorite time of year, I just can't believe how quickly this year flew by! It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating Sheridan's first Christmas and birthday! I know, it sounds so cliche but it's true! This year we had the best time with Sheridan because she is at such a fun stage. Everyday she says new words and she loves trying to put her shoes on....most of the time she gets the right shoe with the right foot....but I think it's mostly coincidence. None the less, it's precious!

Anyway, this year for Thanksgiving we went to Temple on Thursday to spend the day with Cameron's family. The picture below is of all of the cousins and our kids. Leah (in the middle) is expecting their second child in May and we are anxiously awaiting to find out if she's having a boy or a girl! My instinct tells me it's a BOY! Kelly and Jason (right) just had their first child, Natalie Paige, on October 8th. She looks just like her dad which seems to be par for the course! When we first got to Aunt Brenda and Uncle Kenneth's house Sheridan was very fussy and clingy....hence why she is not looking towards the camera in the picture below! ;) But after she ate she changed her tuned and entertained us all.


Sheridan thought it was great fun to put on my shoes! We thought it was hilarious!
Reminded me of when my sister and I would put my dad's boots on when we were little!On Friday we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family because Sarah and Cal came into town that morning. The day started off on a good foot when our beloved Aggies beat the hell out TU (yes I meant to say it backwards!) for the second year in a row!!! :) My question was: why didn't we play like this all year??? Hopefully the answer lies within our new coach who will take care of it next year. But back to Thanksgiving. Usually it's just the six of us for Thanksgiving but this year Richard (my mom's brother) and his wife, Jonette, and daughter, Autumn joined us. My dad's mom was also with us. And Jonette's mom and step dad joined us. We had a house full but it was a lot of fun!
Gig'em

I CRACK UP every time I look at this picture. Sheridan really started posing/smiling for the camera this weekend!

Cal and Sarah Sarah read Sheridan some bedtime stories and again...Sheridan posed for the camera!

2 comments:

The Smallwood Family said...

Sheridan was the most fun this year! Her posing cracked me up. I loved reading to her :) I laugh when I look at that picture because after I took her hand and put it on the fuzzy snowball in the book, she kept going back to that page and taking my hand and putting it on the snowball - she was so funny! Love how much she interacts. Cal was also very impressed with your discpline skills :) Can't wait till Christmas and her b-day!

Love you!

Kelly said...

Boo! Hiss! What a lousy football game that was! I was thinking of you on that dreaded day, Julie. And I figured you were doing the happy dance.

That picture of Sheridan in the boots is hysterical. She looks like a little person, ie. midget. (not pc, sorry). Her posing is also so dang adorable. I love the family pic and the one with Aunt Sarah.

Speaking of, Sarah's husband totally reminds me of the lead singer of Rascal Flatts, only your b-i-l is cuter.

Sounds like you had a wonderful family feast.

Hey, feel free to bring your mom when you come to my house in a couple weeks, by the way. Also, do you want to have some books for Sheridan that my kids have outgrown? I can save you a nice chunk of them to take home if you're interested.

Enjoy your December! I'm sure it will be exciting!