It's been months since we went to Ruidoso for a mini vacation with our friends Sara, Kenny, Heath and Shaunna but we had a such a wonderful and relaxing time that I couldn't not post any pictures! We went the first weekend of March and our road trip began on Thursday afternoon. We rented a BIG 12 passenger van and called it the Mystery Machine...like from Scooby Doo because that's what it reminded us of! Our ten hour drive wasn't bad at all! Shaunna taught us how to knit (I was not a star student because it took me
several hours to "get it") and Vickie (Heath's portable GPS) lead the way for us without fail. Our
cabin was the cutest log cabin and exactly what I envisioned for a ski weekend. The best part was the hot tub outside that provided much needed relaxation after our days of skiing along with Sara's hot buttered rum drinks...YUM!
Kenny and Sara

Shaunna and Heath

Me and Cameron

Ready to hit the slopes

Our fearless driver, Cameron

We stopped at the scenic overlook on our way up to the slopes the second day for a photo op.
What more could you ask for on a vacation than good friends, good times, and good memories!
1 comment:
Julie, what an amazing trip! You could also add a link to your post you just added to link it to this post. Do you know how to do that? It's pretty simple. My blogging expert friend, Heidi, had to explain it to me how to do that, but I haven't forgotten it.
Anyway, what an excellent idea renting a van--the Mystery Machine--and having a ball with your friends. I'm glad you posted some pictures!
Post a Comment