Friday, February 19, 2010

Do you notice a theme here?

Every day random thoughts pop into my head and I have conversations with myself. Not out loud of course. That would be weird. Normal people talk to themselves ALL THE TIME. So to help you feel more normal, I thought I'd share the little gems of thoughts/conversations that have occurred in my head this morning. You're welcome.

1. I have big plans for tonight. I hope no one calls me after 7:30pm because I have BIG, EXCITING plans for my Friday night. I'm going to bed when the girls do tonight.

2. Why doesn't Leighton want to eat breakfast lately? Doesn't she know it's THE MOST IMPORTANT meal of the day? No, of course she doesn't. She's only EIGHT MONTHS OLD.

3. If I cloned myself (you know, pending that was possible and all, of course) would my clone be just as tired as I am or would she have endless amounts of energy to watch my children so I could sleep?

4. How am I going to yell constructively correct Sheridan if I don't have my voice today?

5. Why is Leighton such an early bird? She clearly doesn't get that from me.

6. Ahhhh, the bunny is in the backyard eating. He (or she possibly) makes me happy.

7. I'm so glad the damn plants could go back outside. I'm sure by the time I vacuum up all of the leaves, they'll have to come back inside.

8. I think it's quite possible that I got MORE sleep when Leighton was a newborn. People were here during the day, helping me, forcing me to get some sleep. Where did "those people" go? Can I get them back without having another baby?

9. What are we going to have for dinner tonight? There isn't any food in the house. I need to go to HEB. But let's be real, I'm still in my pjs so that's not going to happen today. Maybe we'll just order pizza. Hmmm...Sheridan is going to think pizza is one of the five essential food groups that you should consume on a daily basis. I'll make sure I order something with veggies on it. Problem solved.

10. I wonder how long it's going to take Cameron to put the new ink cartridges in the printer? Hopefully not as long as it's taking him to put the new engine in the Bronco.

11. Shit. I haven't had my coffee yet this morning. I'm sure that's why I'm so tired this morning and not due to the fact that I only got 3 hours of sleep last night.

12. Is it 7:30pm yet???????

6 comments:

Shaunna said...

Girl ... with a good night's rest, you'll feel like a different person!! and what does it mean that I thought pizza was a food group?!? ;)

Julie said...

I think it means nothing more than great minds think alike! ;)

Anonymous said...

I giggled out loud at #10. Guess it's not just around here that the small things take the longest. :)

Anonymous said...

Julie, at our house Thursday night is always Pizza night and yes it is a food group, along with certain types of ice cream and cheese cake..I like think crust with pineapple and mushrooms...veggies and fruit!

Mimi Burleson said...

You should start getting B-12 shots once a month. I promise you will feel 100 times better!! I'm not kidding...Will has even started getting them.

Sarah said...

Oh, Julie... I've so missed your blogs :)

I'm glad you're back!