Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Before & After

I can't remember what our garage looked liked before the invasion of the Bronco. And I can only dream about what it will look like after the Bronco moves to its permanent home on the ranch. But this is what it currently looks like in the midst of replacing the engine, performing search and rescue operations for the Christmas decorations in the attic, and trying to find a home for pretty much anything else that can't be shoved into a closet in the house:

Why am I posting a picture of our messy garage after months of not posting anything, when surely I have better pictures than this to share? It's really very simple. Because the chaos of that messy garage with randomness everywhere can pretty much explain what life has been like in our household over the last several months. From adjusting to the joys and challenges of having two kids to 6 to 8 weeks of optic neuritis and possible MS to delaying an MS diagnosis with weekly injections to starting a new business venture to gearing up for the most wonderful time of the year. It's pretty safe to say that everything in my head feels like that scrambled mess in the garage and every room in our house looks like that garage. There's my "CAbi office" on top of all my scrappin' crap necessities in the dining room (which is now also creeping its way onto the bar in the kitchen), there are piles of maternity clothes in our bedroom that I've been meaning to sell on craigslist but haven't had time for all that entails, there are tubs of clothes in the girls' rooms from transitioning seasons/sizes in Sheridan's closet and hand-me-downs from Sheridan and Savannah in Leighton's room, and the guest bedroom...well, I'm not even sure I want to go there because I can hardly walk into that room. Literally, there's so much shit in there. So, if you know any good personal assistants. Please. Get me one for Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would come over to your house...if you would come to mine. I have a blog spot too!
www.beingjanetanderson.blogspot.blog

Anonymous said...

Opps don't know my own blogspot..it is beingjanetanderson.blogspot.com. This is just random and has nothing to do with your garage...

Sarah said...

Julie!!! Welcome back! (I told you I was a blog stalker!) I hope your holiday season is a wonderful one... you know as well as I do that the garage and everything else will get sorted out in due time. Well, maybe not, but that's okay too! I hope this is the start to more blogs from you again- I miss your sarcasm and humor!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Shaunna said...

OMG ... You just summed up how I feel about my house in one very clever blog! I LOVE it ... mostly because it makes me feel a little more normal. Thanks!! and here's to hoping I am oh so inspired to come back to the blog world, too!

Melissa Darst said...

I love that you are back to blogging! Always a good laugh. And relatable. Love that Cabi "grab and go coat"!! If only I wasn't all spent out after Christmas:(