Dear Teacher's Aide in Sheridan's class,
Last week when you asked me if I knew what I was having and I replied "a girl," I let your shocking facial expressions and responses of "Oh really? I think you're having a boy" and "are you carrying the same as you did with Sheridan" and "are you having another sonogram" roll off my back. But today when I dropped her off and you asked me if I had had the other sonogram yet, I wanted to punch you in the face. I will say that a slight part of that wishful thinking reaction might have stemmed from the fact that I woke up at 3am this morning and was unable to go back to sleep and I can be a tad bit cranky when I'm trying to function on only four hours of sleep. But really, I am the one who should be saying....really? You are seriously going to stand there and question the sex of my baby when I'm 35 WEEKS PREGNANT?? What the hell is wrong with you lady? Don't you think that since I'm so close to popping this kid out that I've got all my ducks in a row for A GIRL?!?!? There is a super cute pink and brown room in my house that is almost completely finished FOR A LITTLE GIRL. And a closet full of dresses and pink outfits FOR A GIRL. Not to mention all the other things that the color pink has puked on like blankets, burp clothes, car seat covers, diaper bags, etc. that are suitable FOR A GIRL. What makes you think that challenging the sex of my child when I only have 4 weeks and 3 days left (but who's counting) until my LITTLE GIRL gets here based on your "expert" opinion of how I'm carrying this baby is a wise decision? Do you have any idea the magnitude of havoc such a suggestion could wreak on my life in my current fragile state? It would turn my world upside down and inside out in ways I can't even imagine and know that I simply could not deal with. It would also be very unfair for my poor husband to have to deal with the repercussions of that due to your stupidity. So next time I drop Sheridan off, let's make a deal. How about you keep your mouth shut and I will refrain from unleashing on you the devil that has taken up residency in my body. Which you can ask my husband, it is not fun to be on the receiving end when those psycho pregnancy hormones get the best of me. I think I'm going to stick with the expert opinion of the lady with the initials M.D. after her name and 15+ years of experience under her white coat. And should you decide to ignore this friendly, little warning. I will come prepared with my 20 week sonogram pictures so you can see for yourself that there are indeed, no "jewels" between her legs. I will also be happy to make a special trip up to the school next Wednesday after my appointment to show you the latest and greatest of the sonogram pictures with the same image.
Have a wonderful summer!
Julie
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm tickled! Love the pregnant hormones and the unsolicited thoughts of others!
Hilarious! At least you aren't being asked if you are carrying twins. That one sent me over the edge a few times :).
gotta love those unsolicited comments ;) My fave has been .. oh was it unexpected?
this was a great post, Julie! moral of the story: don't mess with preggers
Now that is hilarious. :) see..if you weren't finding out the gender..this wouldn't be a big deal. I AM smart. :) xoxo!
I LOVE THIS LETTER!!! You have got to put that in the baby book:) Oh, and Sarah told me the name and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Hang in there!! Fun maternity pics too I saw on Al's blog:)
I love this blog! You go girl! Does that teacher have access to your blog? She should read this a know not to EVER mess with a pregant woman ever again!! I love the fact that you said what most of us would only think, but wish we would say! Too funny!
I love it!!! You go girl!! I am right there with you...oh the things that people will say to a pregnant woman...they have no idea what they are doing :)
Post a Comment