Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sweet Berry Farms

Last week during spring break my sister came into town for a few days with Savannah. On Thursday we loaded into Sarah's car and headed for Sweet Berry Farms in Marble Falls to pick strawberries. And OH MY GOSH, I'm not sure why I haven't been there before since I've lived in Austin for 18 years! A little unknown fact about me is that I LOVE strawberries. Love them. Could probably survive on strawberries alone. When I was a little girl and we lived in Colorado Springs we had a strawberry patch in our backyard and I couldn't wait to eat them until we got into the house. I would eat them as I picked them. Well, Sweet Berry Farms was like crack to me and I was in heaven. While I picked and picked every strawberry I could, Sarah entertained Savannah (who would have much rather been somewhere that she could demonstrate her new crawling abilities). Sheridan played in the fields with me and picked a few strawberries and then Mimi took her to see the goats. I could have stayed there for hours but lunch time rolled around and we headed to the famous Bluebonnet Cafe for some lunch and delicious pie!

My little helper
More proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! She sure knows how to make her mommy proud.Savannah started blowing kisses while she was here and here she is mid kiss
Mimi and Savannah
Maybe next year Savannah can play in the strawberry fields with us
Apparently this was not close enough for Sheridan and she requested "open gate" so she could get even more up-close and personal with the goatsSavannah loved looking at the goats Aunt Sarah's new pimp ride is complete with a DVD player and Sheridan loved watching Dora and listening through the headphones. Sarah loved that Savannah was able to sleep peacefully. And I loved that we could listen to the radio and not Dora. (Note to self: must get pimp new ride when lease on Envoy is up.)
What $15 worth of strawberries and a happy Julie looks like

5 comments:

Jenn said...

How fun! We took the kids last year and had a ball. I didn't know they were ready yet. Looks like SBF is in our near future!

You must go back in the fall for the pumpkin patch--it's just as fun! (the homemade ice cream is to DIE for!)

Anonymous said...

I don't eat strawberries....yes, I know, I'm a freak of nature....you can agree with Brett on that one, it's ok. What a fun trip out there though, and what a super cute bunch of girls!! Both Sheridan and Savannah are just sooo adorable!!!

PS. Wow...you're getting faster....this was just one week ago? :) Hee hee. Miss you!

uncle gene said...

Glad to see you got them before the hail storm hit up there. Sheridan looks right at home Everybody looking good

mbc said...

I haven't been either and you've inspired me to go. We're taking Riley SOON! We'll have to go to Bluebonnet Cafe too, of course!

Kelly said...

Love the pics and the adventure. I've never been there and when I see things about it on other people's blogs, I want to go! Some day. I love strawberries too.